Darcy Bonner is the Manager of Innovation, Strategy, and Business Development at Schneider Electric, a leader in the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Schneider Electric makes it it possible for IoT-enabled solutions to seamlessly connect, collect, analyze, and act on data in real-time delivering enhanced safety, efficiency, reliability, and sustainability.
- What do you consider your greatest success?
My greatest success is the one that hasn't happened yet. I'm a strong believer in personal growth and challenging oneself to reach new levels. If we're content with our previous success then life would get really boring.
- What do you know today that you wish you would have known when you first got started in business?
Some things take patience. This is harder than it appears and it's something I still struggle with today. There are some things in life that you can control, pursue at your own pace, and experience the results. And then, there are other aspects in life where you have to rely on the "natural alignment" of things (i.e. out of your control).
- What skills do you think are the most important for an entrepreneur to have?
I think the most important skills are tenacity, curiosity, grit, passion, and empathy.
- What is one piece of advice you would give to a rising entrepreneur?
Develop an "iterative learning" mindset and stay curious - - many will give up or fall short, but those that are in it for the long-run will typically come out on top through the most unpredictable ways.
Now for the fun stuff...
- What is your favorite comfort food? Homemade chocolate chip cookies - they get me every time.
- What is your personal mantra? 'Everyday starts at zero.'
- Where is your favorite spot in Chicago? Any rooftop or no-name cafe.
- What do you like to do in your free time? Read, travel, workout, blog, and fish.
Are you interested in becoming a mentor or teaching a workshop at 1871? Learn more here.