1871 is proud to serve as a media sponsor for Blockchain in Chicago: Kickoff To 2018, an event hosted by the Chicago Blockchain Project to discuss blockchain technology and its impact on business and society. The event will be held on February 22, from 5 p.m. - 10 p.m. at Venue SIX10.
The Chicago Blockchain Project, founded by Joe Hernandez (commonly known as ‘Disruption Joe’), will gather a number of local blockchain experts this February 22nd to discuss the current state of blockchain technology and offer a deeper look into the rise of crypto-assets. The event will focus on blockchain technologies in the first half and crypto-assets in the second half.
Blockchain in Chicago: Kickoff To 2018 will feature a full evening’s worth of events. Beginning at 5 p.m., attendees will be able to participate in a series of panels, workshops, and networking opportunities. There will be designated networking areas for entrepreneurs during each workshop.
The full program will feature the following:
- A welcome reception where guests can check-in and help themselves to snacks and refreshments (5:00 - 5:30 p.m.)
- An introduction to the event by guest host Holly Glowaty of Fintex Women / K+H Connection. (5:30 - 5:35 p.m.)
- A panel on blockchain development moderated by Hannah Rosenberg of BOB Meetup, Velas Commerce, and the Chicago Blockchain Project and featuring Dr. Conrad Barski, CEO of Forward Blockchain, Dev Bharel of Nussbaumer Projects, and Predrag Tomasevic of BTC Pay Server. (5:35 - 6:00 p.m.)
- Kim Parnell, CEO and Co-Founder of Blank, will hold her featured presentation, Building Apps Without Code. Blank is a radical new way to build apps without using code, instead using AI technology to automatically generate beautiful user interface designs, smart contracts, tokens, and blockchain technology enabling interoperability of data, app features, or entire apps on a single network. (6:00 - 6:15 p.m.)
- CM! Winters Palacio of the City Colleges of Chicago and The Professors will join Holly Glowaty of Fintex Women / K+H Connection, Hannah Rosenberg of BOB Meetup, Velas Commerce, and Lexy Prodromos of the Chicago Blockchain Project for their panel presentation, Women Driving Chicago’s Blockchain Ecosystem. (6:15 - 6:45 p.m.)
- Security expert Jim Holcomb of Evolve Security will give his talk, How to Not Get Owned by Hackers. (6:45-7:00 p.m.)
- Reshma Kamath of the Blockchain Research Institute joins Marquis Davis of Urban Array, Soren Spicknall of BSGC Meetup, and Matt Wolf of dndln.org for their panel presentation, Blockchain for Social Good. (7:00 - 7:30 p.m.)
- Dan Novaes, CEO of Current, will hold his featured presentation, Elevating Chicago as a Hub for Blockchain. Current is creating a digital token and protocol that is a method of exchange for time, attention, and data in the digital landscape. You can follow Novaes’ entrepreneurial journey across many social media channels, including Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook. (7:30 - 7:50 p.m.)
- ‘Disruption Joe’ Hernandez, Founder of the Chicago Blockchain Project, will take the stage to announce the winners of the Blockchain $1,000 Award Presentation. (7:50 - 8:10 p.m.)
- Danny Johnson of Pink Coin will join David Carman of Fintank, ‘Disruption’ Joe Hernandez, and special guest Marguerite deCourcelle, also known as the Coin Artist, to wrap up the event by showcasing the top 50 coins followed by an audience Q&A. (8:10 - 10:00 p.m.)
Tickets for the event are currently on sale for $69. For 20% off the ticket price, apply the code ‘1871’ at checkout. You can purchase tickets to the event right here.
Interested in Blockchain? Then don't miss 'Behind Bitcoin: Why Your Cash Is Going Digital,' a talk by Joe Hernandez, taking place from 6 - 7 p.m. at UNIQLO's Michigan Avenue flagship store on March 3rd.