1871 is proud to announce today that Impact Engine is going to run out of the new startup center in the Merchandise Mart this fall led by Chuck Templeton along with managing members Linda Darragh, Dennis Barsema, Jamie Jones, and Tasha Seitz. This was announced tonight by Chuck during his Founders Stories appearance with Pat Ryan Jr.
Here's more from the founders of Impact Engine:
Have a business idea that will change the world? We want to help. From public health and clean energy to community development and beyond, we’re looking for companies that make an impact. Impact Engine, a new 12-week accelerator program, supports early stage, for-profit companies that tackle today’s societal and environmental challenges.
As an Impact Engineer, you’ll receive $20,000 in start-up capital, user-centered design training, mentorship from Chicago’s brightest business minds, help trying to find early customers, face time with potential investors and the opportunity to work alongside other impact entrepreneurs at Chicago’s 1871 Entrepreneurial Hub. In addition, you’ll work with Chuck Templeton (founder of OpenTable) and Arun Sivashankaran (seasoned entrepreneur and technical mentor) on a day-to-day basis while tapping into a network of experienced professionals with expertise that’s relevant to your industry.
The Impact Engine team will help the first group of approximately 10 entrepreneurs, Impact 1, build their business models, expand their customer bases, and develop opportunities for growth. Our entrepreneurs will have access to vetted legal and accounting professionals as well as hundreds of investors at our Investor Day presentation in December.
Are you ready to make an impact? For more information or to apply for Impact 1 by the June 30th deadline, visit www.theimpactengine.com.Please forward this email to potential Impact Engineers and thank you for supporting Impact Engine.
Share on Facebook and Twitter
- Have a business idea that will change the world? Apply to @TheImpactEngine’s accelerator program by June 30th:http://bit.ly/Jn86tC
- Impact entrepreneurs: We want you! Submit your application to @TheImpactEngine’s accelerator program by June 30th:http://bit.ly/Jn86tC
- Attn: #socent! @TheImpactEngine’s looking for businesses that make a social/environmental impact. Apply today:http://bit.ly/Jn86tC
- Sign up for our newsletter: http://www.theimpactengine.com/subscribe
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/theimpactengine
- Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheImpactEngine/
- Join us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/impact-engine/