Twelve Companies will Benefit from Direct Tutelage and Immersive Experience with Microsoft Ventures Accelerator Tel Aviv Managing Director
CHICAGO (January 27, 2015)—1871 will welcome Microsoft Ventures Accelerator Tel Aviv Managing Director Hanan Lavy this week to conduct a four-day workshop on customer development for twelve startup companies working out of 1871. Lavy’s workshop will focus on operational and strategic management and marketing plans for customer acquisition.
1871 and Microsoft Ventures launched their partnership in early 2014 to provide development opportunities for 1871 member startups. Access to technology, mentorship, and programming such as the upcoming customer development workshop are some of the resources Microsoft Ventures provides to early-stage entrepreneurs to help them build strong businesses and improve their prospects for success.
“The primary goal of 1871 is to help Chicago’s top digital entrepreneurs succeed in creating sustainable businesses that have a strong impact on Chicago and the world,” said 1871 CEO, Howard A. Tullman. “By collaborating with industry experts like Hanan Lavy, we are able to provide specialized programming opportunities that deliver meaningful long-term benefits to our member companies. We are thrilled that he’s coming to 1871 to work with our companies.”
“Our focus is to help entrepreneurs build great companies,” said Microsoft Ventures Accelerator Tel Aviv Managing Director Hanan Lavy. “1871 is a startup hub that embodies Chicago’s natural drive to innovate in the digital age. Leveraging partnerships like this, we are able to provide direct support to the best entrepreneurial ecosystems across the world.”
1871 additionally worked closely with the accelerators housed at its facility to select the final group of startups.
- Carzell, an online car auction service that provides sellers with the highest offer of the purchase of their vehicles
- Kahoots, a phone app that helps build stronger networks without more social networking
- Quick2Launch, a software that helps corporations develop visually compelling presentations
- Digital Ground Up, an interactive technology platform that teaches digital marketing through short online experiential courses
- ParkNav, a technology for street parking which helps drivers reduce the time spent searching for available parking spots
- Breaking Voices, a social news broadcasting engine that socially aggregates real-time breaking news in your immediate area
- Double Helix Group, a platform for convenient and affordable access to online medical treatment and self-managed wellness programs
- Pangea Universal Holdings Inc., a money transfer platform and mobile application that enables transfers from the US to Mexico for fees up to 75% less than traditional services
- Starchup, a web and mobile application that enables laundry businesses to operate an efficient delivery service
- Web Force 1, a Microsoft Cloud Partner that specializes in delivering cloud solutions to small businesses, entrepreneurs, and government agencies
- RideScout, a mobile application that helps its users get from point A to point B faster and smarter
- CondoGrade, a software that supports smaller condominium associations
In addition to the boot camp, Microsoft has also been an active sponsor of events at
1871. Most recently, they hosted an info session for their Microsoft Ventures Accelerator Seattle program focused on digital work , where some 1871 companies, as well as others, had the opportunity to pitch their business concepts. Microsoft is also a leading partner of 1871 in working toward fostering diversity at the digital business incubator.
About Microsoft Ventures
Microsoft Ventures is a global initiative to help entrepreneurs build great companies. Working with startups at every stage of maturity, the initiative provides the tools, resources, and expertise startups need to succeed.