Israeli Companies will Use 1871 as Home Base in Chicago as They Prepare to Enter U.S. Market; 10-Day Intensive Program Welcomes Startups from Tel Aviv University’s Management of Technology, Innovation and Entrepreneurship (MoTIE) Program
1871 announced Friday the arrival of six Israel-based startups in partnership with IDEAS Immersion (Israeli, Digital, Entrepreneurs, Arts and Science), marking the first time the two organizations have partnered to support the entry of young, promising startups from Tel Aviv University into the U.S. market.
The businesses, which are part of the Management of Technology, Innovation and Entrepreneurship program (MoTIE) at Tel Aviv University, will begin their time in Chicago with a Welcome Reception with key Chicago business and civic leaders followed by 10 days of intensive mentoring and programming centered on validation, testing assumptions and launching in the U.S. market. 1871 will serve as home base while the companies are in Chicago until the conclusion of the program on September 15.
Previously, IDEAS Immersion has paired the entrepreneurs with California-based startups, and this will mark the first time the program will bring students to the Midwest at 1871’s request.
"Chicago is a fertile testing ground for companies that are looking to expand into the U.S. market, and there is no better place to land than 1871," said Howard A. Tullman, CEO of 1871. "We believe Chicago is a prime point of entry, as our ecosystem offers access to customers and capital, as well as world class mentorship and support from business leaders. We’re proud to have partnered with IDEAS Immersion and Tel Aviv University to make this program a reality for these promising businesses.”
The companies participating in this cohort include:
- PANCHO: A mobile app that connects tourists with emergency services in any location. Represented by Moran Sverdlov and Daniel Yom Tov.
- Vet My Hood: A mobile platform that connects users to on-demand veterinarian services. Represented by Eyal Zukovsky.
- TFRESH: An on-the-go toothbrush/breath freshener. Represented by Hila Afriat Lauterbach.
- PRforALL: Software that enables targeted queries for media personalities. Represented by Mor Aviram and Tamar Shlimak.
- KINDR: A daycare finding platform for parents. Represented by Aviv Lazar.
- Castor: An in-app button that creates three-dimensional gaming characters, merchandise and do-it-yourself items via 3-D printing. Represented by Omer Blaier.
“IDEAS Immersion is a unique experience that will help prepare these outstanding entrepreneurs to become the future leaders of the digital technology world,” said David Dorfman, Founder of IDEAS Immersion and Vice President of the American Friends of Tel Aviv University Western Region. “The program is designed to enable our participants to work collaboratively and learn from some of the most respected thought-leaders in the industry. We’re thrilled to have the opportunity to bring this program to Chicago following its great success for the past two years in California, and look forward to working with the startups and our corporate sponsors to help further fuel the digital technology industry in Israel.”